Community Event Calendar

July 2019

Click the event title to view more information to add an event to your itinerary.

Display: Default Week MonthSearchAdd Event My Itinerary

Events

Summer Bloom
July 01 - July 31
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Gallery Los Olivoa will be exhibitng Kris Buck and Deborah Breedon's pastel paintings the month of July. On display will be their plein air and studio paintings of Santa Barbara County landscpes and indigenous succulents. Kris and Deborah have won numerous awards and are members of The Pasdtel Society of the West Coast and The Pastel Society of America.

The Gallery is open July 4th.

Email: galleryLosOlivos@gmail.com
Phone: 18056887517

Add to My Itinerary
Add to My Calendar

FREE HOLIDAY CONCERT
July 04
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM

On July 4th, celebrate the birth of our nation at a free concert presented by the Santa Ynez Valley Master Chorale at 2 p.m. in the Solvang Veterans Memorial Hall, 1745 Mission Drive.  There are many events planned for the 4th in Solvang, but this concert is the only one that’s absolutely free and packed with music.  

Scheduled between the parade and fireworks, the Chorale and student musicians from SYV Jazz Studio will deliver a rousing concert of Americana, traditional and patriotic music.  Selections will include familiar anthems and folk songs and humming along is totally acceptable!  The hall fills quickly so come early to ensure a good seat.

The Chorale has been presenting concerts of outstanding and varied music for forty years.   Under the direction of Dr. Michael Eglin, this concert will be a toe-tapping and uplifting concert made possible with support from Solvang Rotary.

Email: info@syvchorale.org

Add to My Itinerary
Add to My Calendar

Planets & Pinot at the Vineyard
July 07 - July 08
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM

Planets & Pinot 

Sunday, July 7th 

7:30-9:30 pm 

Prepare to be dazzled when we partner with the Santa Barbara Astronomical Unit for a night filled with Planets and Pinot Noir!

The SBAU will be setting up some of their most powerful mobile telescopes at the top of our vineyard. Gaze at the planets, stars and other celestial sights while enjoying Alma Rosa wines and charcuterie.  

What can you expect to see?

A nice detailed Moon phase, Jupiter and 3 of the 4 Galilean moons, and Saturn with its spectacular rings will be visible. Summer deep sky objects like globular clusters with over a million stars, interacting galaxies that are 12 million light years away, and planetary nebulae will also be visible through the telescopes!

General Public $40 | Club Member $20 | Designated Driver $20

*includes a complimentary glass of Alma Rosa wine and small snacks

www.almarosawinery.com/events/Planets---Pinot

Email: channing@almarosawinery.com
Phone: 805.688.9090 x103

Add to My Itinerary
Add to My Calendar

Celebrating the National Lands of California (Opening Reception)
July 20
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM

The Wildling Museum of Art and Nature is pleased to announce its second juried exhibition – “Celebrating the National Lands of California” – a showcase of fine art inspired by National Parks, Monuments, Preserves, and Recreation Areas located within the state of California. This show will take place July 20, 2019 – January 20, 2020, at the Wildling Museum in the first-floor gallery. Cash prizes totaling $4,000 for the first, second, and third place will be awarded at the opening reception on Saturday, July 20, 2019 from 3:00 to 5:00 pm.
The goal of this exhibit is to bring awareness to the wealth of national lands to be found in California and to celebrate and discuss wildness, nature, and preservation. It is also to provide an opportunity for artists to display their work, and for the public to view and purchase the art. “Celebrating the National Lands of California” is the second such exhibition and competition organized by the Wildling Museum of Art and Nature.
Opening Reception On Saturday, July 20, 2019 From 3:00 To 5:00 Pm.

Website: https://wildlingmuseum.org/news/celebrating-the-national-lands-of-california-art-exhibit
Email: info@wildlingmuseum.org
Phone: 8056868315

Add to My Itinerary
Add to My Calendar

Previous Month Next Month

Add Your Event

Do you want to add your event to our Community Calendar? You can do so by clicking the button below. Complete the simple registration and submit your event. Once approved your event will be added to our Community Calendar.

Add My Event